Summer is filled with many steaming hot days so it’s only natural your family will reach for some cool frosty drinks. Here are 5 cool down recipes that are refreshing, filled with flavor and easy to make.
Nothing beats the heat like Lemonade. It’s one of those drinks that instantly quenches your thirst.
♥1/2 cup fine sugar
♥1 cup blueberries
♥3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- To make the blueberry simple syrup, combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in blueberries and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Strain blueberry mixture and let cool.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve over ice and fresh blueberries, if desired.
Pineapple Coconut Spritzer
Pineapples and coconuts are a tropical match. The naturally sweet flavor combination goes well with all that is summer.
3 cups (720ml) fresh pineapple juice
1 cup (240ml) coconut water
2 cups (480ml) club soda
pineapple or cherry for garnish
Combine all ingredients in your blender, pour into your favorite glass and top with a garnish of choice. Cheers!
Virgin Pina Colada
Pina Colada’s make you feel like you’re in the tropics. They’re cool, refreshing and a breeze to whip up. Made with pineapple juice and coconut cream, the virgin recipe is equally as delicious as the original.
♥4 ounces cream of coconut
♥4 ounces pineapple juice
♥2 cups ice
♥2 slices pineapple and maraschino cherries for garnish
1. Pour coconut cream, ice and pineapple juice in blender and blend until ice is crushed. It might take several pulses to get that creamy texture.
2. Pour into a frosty glass and garnish with pineapples and cherries.
Watermelon Coolers are perfect for family get together’s, picnics, barbecues and hot summer evenings. Kids love them and they’re easy to make.
♥4 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
♥1/4 cup white sugar
♥1/3 cup fresh lime juice
♥1/8 tsp salt
♥10 ice cubes
Place watermelon and ice into a blender. Pour in lime juice, sugar, and salt. Blend until smooth.
A Sangria is typically made with red wine, chopped fruit and a sweetener, but with a little ingenuity, you can create a non-alcoholic version that’s mouthwatering and healthy.
♥4 cups red grape juice
♥1/4 cup blueberries + 3/4 cup blueberries
♥1 cup orange juice
♥juice of 1 lime + 2 limes
1. Blend the white grape juice with 1/4 cup blueberries, and pour this liquid mixture in a jar or bowl.
2. Add the orange and the lime juice. Stir until is well mixed.
3. Place ice in a jar, add the liquid mixture, the chopped fruits (2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2 limes and 2 peaches) and 3/4 cup of blueberries. Let stand the sangria in the fridge for about 2 hours.