Why should you STOP using artificial BHAs or Strong Salicylic Acid serums and cleansers that may just be making your skin more sensitive?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links
Because, now, there’s a NATURAL way of refining your look that’s much gentler on your skin yet just as – if not more – effective…
- Reduces the appearance of large pores that make your skin look older, bumpier, rougher with the ‘Queen of Herbs’
- Tighten the look of pores to reveal smooth, younger-looking skin
- Purify your pores from within to deep clean and remove impurities
- Balance skin that may have excessive oiliness causing congestion, blockages, large pores, blackheads and adult acne
- Naturally exfoliate to shed dead skin cells, with the Lens-shaped Beauty-Booster
- Get brighter and smoother skin with a reduced appearance of unevenness and blotchiness
- Inhibit the appearance of wrinkles and age spots commonly found on photoaged skin through the newfound powers of plant-based ursolic acid, naturally derived from Holy Basil for Tulsi
While we need pores to provide safe passage of oils to the skin surface to naturally moisturize our skin, large pores make our skin look older, duller, rougher, bumpier and impure. And while part of this is just natural aging, there are solutions to make your skin look smoother, clearer and younger.
Your derm would have probably prescribed anti-inflammatories or products with salicylic acid, but while these may improve your skin in the short run, continued use of these ingredients on your skin is not sustainable!
Artificial and too strong salicylic acid can irritate and dehydrate skin even further and strip it of its natural oils, drying it out more. And so, you’d have even more enlarged pores in the long run.
But there is a different acid that can be derived naturally…
one the skincare world hasn’t spoken much about, and has some powerful, targeted benefits – interestingly, most specifically on photoaged skin.
While this acid is naturally present in many plants like apples, cranberries, peppermint, elder flower, lavender, oregano, thyme, rosemary, hawthorn and prunes, Ayurveda found the powers of this pore-refining compound in a prominent ‘divine’ herb that has been used for thousands of years for its medicinal properties — Holy Basil or Tulsi!
Considered the ‘Queen of Herbs’, Tulsi is one of the most esteemed medicinal herbs in Ayurveda and has purifying, cleansing, calming, nourishing and youth-enhancing benefits. The Vata and Kapha balancing herbs promote a clearer appearance from the inside out, owing to their astringent nature. All parts of this exotic herb are known to have benefits for the body, skin, hair, and mind!