Erin Go Bragh! Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and tapping into our inner Irish are fun. Leprechauns, rainbow, pots of gold, Guinness beer, limericks, shenanigans, and Irish-inspired recipes allow us to deluge Irish style. You can turn any recipe into a St. Paddy’s day feature simply by adding something green. There are the classic corn beef and green beer recipes, but we want to go beyond tradition and create some magically delicious green desserts like the Shamrock Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Cookies are quick and tasty foods to have on hand, especially when guests comes over. We’re huge cookie fans, especially gooey chocolate chip cookies. I turned these everyday chocolate chip cookies into Shamrock Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies with a few simple ingredients.
Shamrock Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Shamrock Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup spinach with 1 tsp water makes green color
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and mix well
- Add vanilla and mix until fluffy
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl and mix together well
- Add dry mixture to wet and mix until color is consistent
- Add mint chips and stir until well distributed
- Add food coloring OR spinach mixture ( see below)
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes
- Allow cooling
- Spinach Mixture – using 1/2 cup of spinach and 1 tbsp of water, blend in a blender or Bullet, until you get a gorgeous green color and add to batter. Spinach offers a natural food color and it’s incredibly healthy for you.
- Natural options are always my first choice. Younger spinach will give you a more vibrant green, whereas the larger leaf spinach will produce a darker green color.
I’ve made these Shamrock Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies several times and they always come out perfect! There’s worth a pot of gold, to be sure, to be sure! Enjoy!