Muffins are very popular at my home and I try to make a variety of flavors. I also try to sneak in a veggie or two into the recipe so they have more nutritional value. My family does not like zucchini on its own but included in my muffin mix, they love it in my Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe. Zucchinis are a summer squash and they have an abundance of attributes, that make them ideal for baking, they’re:
*low fat and high moisture content
*rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and manganese
*excellent source of fiber
*contains magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus
*have ample vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B2, and calcium
My Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe is a big hit and I make it a lot. They’re delicious, moist, and filling. I found this recipe online, but have changed some ingredients for healthier options as shown in red below.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose or wholegrain flour organic
- 3/4 cups white sugar or organic palm sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt or sea salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or organic olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chip or organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° (175° C). Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
- Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extra in another bowl; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and walnuts. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until the toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
These hearty muffins are rich and full of flavor. They’re perfect for breakfast, a snack and on the go food. I like to serve them when company comes over and they’re always well received!